TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What high level capabilities does Cylitic perform?
- Should I remove my current anti-virus solution before I use Cylitic?
- Do I need to remove my existing encryption solution?
- What data does Cylitic see and analyze?
- Can the tools interrupt my workflow?
- How can I access the Cylitic Vue Portal?
- Can we use SCCM to deploy Cylitic?
- Do I have to manage the service in any way?
- Is there a technical way I can verify Cylitic is installed on a system?
- I noticed DNS Crypt, is this part of Cylitic?
What high level capabilities does Cylitic perform?
- Cylitic Security provides fully managed and monitored Next Generation Antivirus (NGAV), Endpoint Forensics, Web Security, and Endpoint Encryption which gives security analysts the ability to intervene in real time against orchestrated attacks. The enterprise grade security technology provides “defense in depth” against the most common threats targeting small to medium sized physician practices.
Should I remove my current anti-virus solution before I use Cylitic?
- Probably. Having two different pieces of anti-virus software can sometimes cause interactions resulting in reduced efficacy. It is recommended that only one anti-virus tool be used. If you have any problems, Cylitic Security can remove the legacy anti-virus software for you. However, if you need to keep an existing anti-virus solution in place, configure it to exclude scanning the following directories:
C:\Program Files\Cylance C:\ProgramData\Cylance C:\Program Files\OpenDNS\Umbrella Roaming Client C:\Program Files\OpenDNS\Umbrella Roaming Client C:\ProgramData\OpenDNS\ERC C:\Program Files (x86)\Tanium\Tanium Client
Do I need to remove my existing encryption solution?
- No. Cylitic Security does not deploy tools or software to perform disk encryption. Instead, we audit whether encryption is enabled or not. Cylitic can work with you to ensure encryption is enabled.
What data does Cylitic see and analyze?
- Cylitic only sees data from its security tools such as the number of malware attacks blocked, redirection from malicious websites, number of systems covered, etc. Cylitic does NOT see or have access to Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI) stored on your systems.
Can the tools interrupt my workflow?
- Cylitic continuously monitors which malware and/or risk sites are being blocked. As part of the onboarding process, legitimate applications are whitelisted to ensure no interruption to practice operations. If you encounter any problems after the onboarding process, simply contact Cylitic customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (800) 260-8124.
How can I access the Cylitic Vue Portal?
- Acess the Cylitic Vue Portal at https://vue.cylitic.com/. If you don't have an account, ask a collegue to invite you or contact Cylitic support at email@example.com.
Can we use SCCM to deploy Cylitic?
- If you are using something like SCCM or have other ways of remotely deploying software to your systems, we can provide you with an MSI package that you can use. The only additional step is that you would have to add a registry key. Please contact Cylitic support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to explore this option.
Do I have to manage the service in any way?
- No, the solution has been designed to require zero maintenance from you. Cylitic’s service will continuously monitor with no configuration or ongoing management required from you.
Is there a technical way I can verify Cylitic is installed on a system?
- If the following directories are present on the system, then Cylitic has been deployed, and the system is communicating with our servers.
Windows 32 bit: \Program Files\Tanium\Tanium Client\ Windows 64 bit: \Program Files (x86)\Tanium\Tanium Client\ macOS: /Library/Tanium/TaniumClient Linux/Unix: /opt/Tanium/TaniumClient
I noticed DNS Crypt, is this part of Cylitic?
- Yes, Cisco Umbrella is included in Cylitic Security suite to conduct web inspection and block network threats. Cisco Umbrella utilizes DNS Crypt in order to encrypt system DNS traffic.